Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Eight weeks from today...


...is Christmas Day, my hubby's birthday, and the day we're praying our baby will be born! Our pregnancy is more than 31 weeks along. I am so thankful to say that, apart from the usual aches, I feel really good. The doctor says that the baby's heartbeat sounds good, he or she is growing very nicely, and his or head is nice and low in my pelvis...I think the baby wants to meet us as much as we can't wait to meet him or her!!! I feel nice, strong kicks to the ribs every day and I truly delight in them - even though they sometimes knock the wind out of me. I just am amazed that God has brought Chris and me to this very special time in our lives.

We have enjoyed two baby showers already and are looking forward to two more! Thank you all so much!

This Saturday we will be going through the childbirth class with our friend Vonna - thank you, V! After that we still have baby care basics, baby CPR, breastfeeding, and other such exciting courses. They don't count towards Chris' MDiv, darn it, but we hope they'll help us along in the work of parenting. For everything the classes don't teach us, or my pregnant brain can't remember, I'll be calling all of you - dear friends and family - to help us! :-)

9 comments:

Don and Terri said...

My Dearest Michelle,
You look absolutely beautiful! I join in with both you and Chris in thanking and praising our Lord for such a wonderful miracle - as well as the good health He has blessed you and baby with thus far. How exciting it is to watch you blossom!
xxxooomama
3 John 4

Unknown said...

sooo exciting!!!!

The Mom said...

Call anytime! I might not be able to remember any answers ("pregnancy brain" turns in to "mommy brain") but I'd love to help in any way!!

Heather Pelczar said...

FINALLY! Another post! I have been checking this thing for weeks! You look great and I will be calling you for the latest notes from all your friends and family. I am beside myself waiting to meet your new little baby. way too excited. :)

Little Lesiw said...

A big hello to you guys! Michelle, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person, but I went to school with Chris at TMC. I lost contact shortly after you got married. Please tell Chris that Rachel (Orr) said hello and a HUGE congrats on your new arrival! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

My husband and I adopted a little girl and you can see pictures on our blog if you're interested. I'm so excited that you'll be entering the stage of 'motherhood'. It has been far greater than anything I could have imagined!

Congrats again!
-Rachel

Jules said...

You look fabulous! What a blessing to make it this far in your pregnancy!! Already almost 3 weeks more than I was when Cade was born!! Hope you are feeling well and we will definitely come to see you in the hospital, since you were my most faithful visitor!! :)
~julie martin

jhoch said...

Hi Michelle,

How fun to find your blog! I'm excited for you and your husband as you prepare to walcome this little one into the world. I've enjoyed getting to know you some through SemWives.

Jessica

the Indian woman said...

Yeah! So glad your pregnancy is going smoothly. Waiting along with you to hear the good news of your baby.

Sybrand and Beth de Swardt said...

Its time for a picture update of your belly :)