I'll bet many of you ladies recognize this man, right? He's Dr. Michael Frields - obstetrician extraordinaire!
Just a month into 2008 and I'm overwhelmed at how much God has done for us. My mom left tearfully on Jan. 2, leaving the three of us to begin the amazing process of learning what it means to be a family on a daily basis. I think I even cooked a meal once! Ha - we've had so much help since the third trimester that I can honestly say we've been spoiled. We've had hot meals almost every night since Joey was born and I don't think I've yet spent a full hour in the kitchen. (Thank you so much, family and friends - especially Faith Bible Church and Priscilla Bonsangue - we love you!)
January 15 was our three-year anniversary! My hubby generously took me to Octopus in Glendale for a long-awaited sushi dinner. It was so good! I hadn't had sushi since February 2007 (pregnant women aren't supposed to eat it), so I really lived it up! We took Joey with us (of course!) and had lots of fun showing him off to curious restaurant-goers. After dinner we went to Urartu across the street for coffee and got to share our little guy with Urek, the owner. He's a very kind man who used to give Chris free food at closing time because it was pretty obvious that he was a "starving student" :-)
Chris also started seminary on January 15 and I got really excited about starting my new life as a full-time wife and mommy. It was a little short-lived, however, because my Abuelita (grandma) got here on the 17th for a ten-day visit that consisted primarily of her holding Joey for 3 hours, then giving him to me to feed and change him, then taking him back for another 3 hours. She seemed very happy, which was great for Chris and me to see. I don't know if I've shared here yet that Chris and I lost three of our four remaining grandparents last year. First, my dear grandfather died on March 6. It was very sad for us to lose him and realize that our children would never know him. And, at the time, Chris' two grandmothers were also pretty sick. So, on April 8 we began praying that God would grant us a pregnancy right away instead of at the end of the year like we had originally thought. Two weeks later - hooray! - we found out that God had most graciously answered our prayers. Then in May and September, respectively, we lost Grandma Grazar (it really is spelled that way) and Grandma Krum. God's timing is perfect, we know, and we rejoice in the hope that someday we will all be together with Jesus in Heaven. So, it was extra-special for us to see my Abuelita enjoying Joey so much - and, though she is in very good health, it was hard to see her go back to Florida last night. She plans to return for a visit this summer, and I'm glad for that.
Have I explained yet how we chose Jo-Jo's name? Joseph is for Chris' best friend, Joe Martinez. He is a brother to us in every way and we love him so much. If any of you readers are single women who love Jesus more than anything and want to enjoy a lifetime of laughter, give us a call and we'll set up an introductory date :-) The middle name, Luis, is for the grandfather I mentioned above. Boy, how he would have puffed out his chest and bragged to all his friends if he'd been around to meet his little namesake!
Joey and I caught a cold last week and the poor little guy has been pretty miserable. He spent a few nights sleeping vertically with me because he just couldn't breathe lying down and he's had a very persistent, painful cough. He's also had a little trouble eating because of his stuffy nose and general discomfort. He is on the mend, ever so slowly, and I can't wait to see him back to his usual happy self. On another note, we took him to the pediatrician last Thursday and laughed when our suspicion that his weight gain has been above average was confirmed. The doctor said that average would have been about 20 ounces, but our Joey had gained 37 in less than three weeks! As of last Thursday our little piglet weighed 9 lbs. 11 ozs. He's got the cutest little rolls everywhere and his double chin jiggles when he eats - I love it!
Chris is taking NTI, Discipleship/Leadership, and two D-Labs this semester - then graduation in May, God willing! Please pray for us as we look ahead to a full-time ministry position after graduation. We don't know where or how it will happen, but we're looking forward to it!
That's all for now except that I'll post some pictures (since they're probably the only reason many of you are here :-) Thanks for checking on us. I'll try to write again soon.







8 comments:
Glad to hear that the three of you are enjoying each other so much and that you've been so blessed by others during this time. We miss you at SemWives and look forward to seeing you whenever it works for you. Your little guy is such a cutie!
Jessica Hoch
NICE post especially for having a newborn!
Glad to hear the updates...hope our paths cross sometime soon!
-sam
Oh, I can't wait to hold him!!!
Terah :o)
SO CUUUUUUUUTE!!!!! I love the one of just his little face. Kiss it a zillion times for me. When can I come over?!!!!
Okay...five words to sum that all up: CUTE, PRECIOUS, ADORABLE, SWEET and did I say CUTENESS!! So thankful to read the update Mich :). I'm jealous because Glen gets to see Chris more than I see you anymore, the life of seminary students (lol). And did I tell you I ended up in Delphine's group at sem wives?
Miss you Mommy Grazor!
~Shilo
It's nice to hear your "voice"; I can hear it as I read. I know you were smiling as you wrote. I hope we will see Joe Luis before he goes to college (where he'll break a lot of hearts!) So much hair for a little newborn head!!
Congrats on baby Joe! He's a cutie. I had my first on the 26th just a few days after yours.(Michelle, I don't know you but I did know Chris in college). I found your blog through Heather Pelzar's.
Hey, if you're serious about looking for a single woman who loves Jesus more than anything, my best friend from high school is the sweetest God-fearing woman, single and looking. :) She lives in Redding, Ca but is visiting Master's friends in May! ;) I'd love to set her up with a great guy who loves the Lord!
MICHELLE! congratulations-he is precious! I am so excited to see that you have a baby!
Amy Wragg
Post a Comment