Sunday, May 4, 2008

Roly Poly Giggly Joey

Hello, friends! We are alive and well and so thankful for the many people who have asked us to hurry up and post again on this dear blog. You are troopers, really, to continue to hope that I will keep this up. And for you, I will most certainly continue to try!

Joey turned four months old on April 21. He rolls over from tummy to back with ease! The routine goes like this: we place him on his tummy, he does a big heave-ho, lands on his back, we holler with joy, pick him up and throw him high into the air, hug and kiss him a hundred times telling him he's the most wonderful little boy in the whole world...and he stares at us blankly with drool hanging down to his toes wondering what all the fuss is about! It's great fun :-) At his four month wellness checkup, Joey weighed a full 15 pounds. It doesn't sound like much compared to how big he looks and how heavy he feels! We think we've got a future linebacker on our hands!

Joey sleeps in his own crib in his own room now. I think the separation was a lot harder for me than it was for him. He loves having all that space to stretch out and scoot around. We hardly ever find him in the same spot we placed him on. He sleeps many, many wonderful hours every day (partly because the painful teething process can be kind of exhausting), which makes for a rested and happy mama :-)

These last few weeks, our apartment has been filled with the delicious sounds of Joey giggling and we're just tickled by it. We are so thankful for our little guy! He's made our family happier than we ever could have imagined.

Chris graduates from The Master's Seminary this coming Sunday, May 11. If you'd like to come, please let me know and I'll give you all the details. We'd love to see you there. So, his last final exam is this Thursday and, for the first time in our married life, he'll be out of school! The job search continues, meanwhile, and we appreciate your continued prayers. We'll update on that as soon as we believe we know where God would have us.

And now for the pictures. FYI, Joey is a smiley, happy baby, but you'd never guess that from the photographs. By the time the flash has gone off five times to avoid red-eye, he always has the deer-in-the-headlights look you'll see below :-)

Proud parents, distracted baby

Look, Ma, all by myself in the big boy bed!

I hear that receding hair lines are all the rage.

My grandma brought me this t-shirt all the way from Hollywood, FL!

I think I can crawl...I think I can! I think I can!

Mom, can I please chew on that? It looks really good!

13 comments:

The Leoness said...

Well, Joey can join Brodie's football team any day! Brodie did exceed him though as he weighed 15 lbs. at his two month check-up! :) Glad to see pic's of your happy little guy! Isn't fun to watch them grow? Keep the updates coming.

the Indian woman said...

Joey is so adorable and he is already rolling over. Yeah! We love your updates. You can see our little guy here.

The Abazis said...

What a handsome family! Joey is adorable. We know how much fun you are having with him! Congratulations to Chris, too. Redi was just raving about how much admires Chris's hard work. We're excited to hear about your plans. Keep in touch.

WileyWagon said...

Oh Michelle! I just noticed you have a blog! I found it on Liesy's. You have such beautiful writing and expression. You can just feel the warmth and tenderness as you express your heart with us. Joey is such a doll. We are keeping you all in prayer as you seek the Lord and His direction!

love,
Hayley

R.A. said...

Love the pictures! I am almost out of school...one more final to go! Hope Chris' graduation party and the dedication went well. I was praying for you guys. Let's reconnect soon...

G&S said...

Loved seeing the updated pics Mich. I was waiting :). What a sweet little guy, Glen and I had a great time with you three the other night. Thanks for having us over! Keeping you both in prayer as you both seek the Lord's best. Love you!

~G&S

Liesy said...

I'm so glad you posted!!! We're on vacation in Seaside, OR so I haven't been able to keep up with internet stuff, etc.
He is soooooooo cute!!!! OH MY, I wish I could just hug and kiss, and hold him! I miss you!!!! I love the way you write - I can totally hear your voice through it!
I just love you and miss you! Congrats again to Chris!

Lots of Love,
Liesy and fam

Heather Pelczar said...

I LOVE the hairline. the comb-over. KISSES JOEY!!!! We love him.

The Mom said...

Yay! He's SO cute!

I think of you often, we'll be praying for God's clear direction in this next stage of life but I'm selfishly glad you're still nearby!

manizor said...

hey Chris and Michelle!

Paul passed along your blog site. Joey is so cute! I especially love the receeding hair line pic! Priceless. :)

We'll have to get Zoe and Joey together the next time we are in California. Take care!

Melissa (Angelikas) Anizor

The Resident Writer said...

The Grazors should win an Emmy for the production of the cutest little baby in the world!

Liesy said...

Okay, 3 months is just a little too long to go without a picture of Joey!!! P L E A S E try to upload a few. ;-) I love you and would just love to see what he looks like now as well as a quick update on what he's doing, etc.

edmund said...

Hey Chris its been along time it looks like things are going very good fo you.You have a beautiful family. Please tell your mom and dad hi for me. Well K.I.T.