Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Teresa Ruth Grazor

Our Tessie came into our arms on March 4 and we are all so very happy. Here's how she made her appearance: It was a busy week with a pastor staying at our home for the Shepherd's Conference and our two nieces also staying with us during a school break. All Tuesday evening and night I was uncomfortable with what I thought was just a stomachache. Wednesday morning I was busy making breakfast for everyone, cleaning up, and just going about our day. Then, at about ten-thirty, it suddenly hit me that my discomfort was getting stronger and that it came in waves with wonderful breaks in between. "This could be labor," I was thrilled to realize. I called my midwife to let her know that this might be it. Then I sent Chris a text message (he was sitting in a conference seminar) telling him that I might need him home that afternoon. Then I continued about my day...I figured it could be another day or so before the baby came...if I was even really in labor! By twelve-thirty, I was getting tired and my contractions were very close together. I called Chris and said that I was sorry, but he couldn't stay for the rest of the day at the conference...please come home SOON...I need help! My truly special friend Lisa came to stay with the kids, Abi brought me snacks to take to the midwife's house, and Chris came home. In between contractions I told him what to pack in our bag. At two, we got in the car and by two-twenty we were there. After several contractions from our car to her bedroom, I learned (to my GREAT delight) that I was 8 or 9 centimeters dilated! I broke into utter laughter with glee! From there it was less than two hours in the tub and - voila! - we had our Tessie! (OK, it wasn't that easy, but it was amazing and SO MUCH EASIER than the first time!). That evening, we were back at home introducing brother and sister to one another. Joey gave Tessie kisses and we all rejoiced in the goodness of God for making us a family.

Two days later, I started to not feel so good. By the seventh day, Chris took me to a local emergency room. I was admitted for two days after the doctor told me that some tissues had remained in my uterus and become toxic. A few rounds of antibiotics cleared that right up and I was like new again.

My mom came into town and stayed with us for ten days. Chris's mom is here now and will stay until Thursday next week. Both Grandma and GG (short for Grandma Grazor) have worked so hard to serve us and help me make the transition from one baby to two. I honestly don't really know how I'll do it without them! Thankfully, my grandmother and sister will fly in soon and the help will continue. Plus, the always-wonderful FBC ladies do everything they can to make sure we're well-fed. We are so blessed!

As for Chris, he is a better husband and father than I could imagine. Joey adores him and Tessie will soon realize what a princess she is to him. I sit back (in the rare moments when both kids are sleeping) and smile when I think of God and His love for us. We are living a dream-come-true, and we pray that our kids (more to come, we hope!) will grow up to be His trophies.

Oh, before I forget: Tess weighed 6 lbs. 3 ozs. at birth and was 18.5 inches long. Today she weighs 8 lbs. 11 ozs.

Hello, Mommy and Daddy...I love you!

Oh, is this the big brother I've been hearing about?

Thanks for taking care of me, Grandma!

7 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

What fun! A beautiful baby girl for the Grazors!

Liesy said...

SHE'S ADORABLE!!! I just love her! Oh, how I wish I could hold her for just a moment. I'm praying for you all and am so happy for you! How's the milk supply?
((HUGS))

G&S said...

Oh what a blessing to read Mich...I'm now heading to bed in utter joy and love of God for you :). Enjoy those days with your little family...AND being near GCC (a true gift). Miss you all~

Sending hugs,
G&S

jhoch said...

I can't believe it took me this long to check your blog! How great to see more pictures of Tesse. She is so beautiful. Love to you all!

SGT Sunshine said...

Love the new look Michelle! It was such an honor to be a small part of your big day. ;-) We love you!

Emmy said...

Michele... what a wonderful story. I am so glad that I was able to catch up on your life! Congratulations on your two children. We have 2 also. Avery is 4 and Mary Hannah is 2, a boy and a girl just like your family.

Please email to keep in touch emilyg.hughes@gmail.com or check out my family's blog:
thehughesfam.blogspot.com

Much Love,
Emily Gossett Hughes

penny for your thoughts said...

Dearest Michelle,
She looks just like you.... my arms are aching to hold her!!! When are you coming down??
Now you'll have to hurry up and have another one to catch up with me! Please give Joey and Tessie a big hug and kiss from Auntie Miriam. And, of course, another one for you and Chris.
Love,
Miriam